- Explain the concepts “developable surface” and “reference globe” as ways of projecting the Earth’s surface
- Explain the mathematical basis by which latitude and longitude locations are projected into x and y coordinate space
- Illustrate the graticule configurations for “other” projection classes, such as polyconic, pseudocylindrical, etc.
- Classify various map projection types according to the geometric properties preserved
- Classify various map projection types by the three main classes of map projections based on developable surfaces