You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Nature of Multispectral Image Data. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Nature of Multispectral Image Data.
- Explain the concepts of spatial resolution, radiometric resolution, and spectral sensitivity
- Draw and explain a diagram that depicts the bands in the electromagnetic spectrum at which Earth’s atmosphere is sufficiently transparent to allow high-altitude remote sensing
- Illustrate the spectral response curves for basic environmental features (e.g., vegetation, concrete, bare soil)
- Describe an application that requires integration of remotely sensed data with GIS and/or GPS data
- Explain the concept of “data fusion” in relation to remote sensing applications in GIS&T
- Draw and explain a diagram that depicts the key bands of the electromagnetic spectrum in relation to the magnitude of electromagnetic energy emitted and/or reflected by the Sun and Earth across the spectrum