You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Problems of Large Spatial Databases. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Problems of Large Spatial Databases.
- Describe emerging geographical analysis techniques in geocomputation derived from artificial intelligence (e.g., expert systems, artificial neural networks, genetic algorithms, and software agents)
- Explain how to recognize contaminated data in large datasets
- Outline the implications of complexity for the application of statistical ideas in geography
- Explain what is meant by the term “contaminated data,” suggesting how it can arise
- Describe difficulties in dealing with large spatial databases, especially those arising from spatial heterogeneity