You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Content standards. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Content standards.
- Differentiate between a controlled vocabulary and an ontology
- Describe a domain ontology or vocabulary (i.e., land use classification systems, surveyor codes, data dictionaries, place names, or benthic habitat classification system)
- Describe how a domain ontology or vocabulary facilitates data sharing
- Define “thesaurus” as it pertains to geospatial metadata
- Describe the primary focus of the following content standards: FGDC, Dublin Core Metadata Initiative, and ISO 19115
- Differentiate between a content standard and a profile
- Describe some of the profiles created for the Content Standard for Digital Geospatial Metadata (CSDGM)