You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Exchange specifications. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Exchange specifications.
- Describe the characteristics of the Geography Markup Language (GML)
- Explain the purpose, history, and status of the Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
- Identify different levels of information integration
- Identify the level of integration at which the Geography Markup Language (GML) operates
- Describe the geospatial elements of Earth science data exchange specifications, such as the Ecological Metadata Language (EML), Earth Science Markup Language (ESML), and Climate Science Modeling Language (CSML)
- Import data packaged in a standard transfer format to a GIS software package
- Export data from a GIS program to a standard exchange format