You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Least-cost (shortest) path analysis. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Least-cost (shortest) path analysis.
- Describe some variants of Dijkstra’s algorithm that are even more efficient
- Discuss the difference of implementing Dijkstra’s algorithm in raster and vector modes
- Demonstrate how K-shortest path algorithms can be implemented to find many efficient alternate paths across the network
- Compute the optimum path between two points through a network with Dijkstra’s algorithm
- Explain how a leading World Wide Web-based routing system works (e.g., MapQuest, Yahoo Maps, Google)