You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Problem definition. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Problem definition.
- Recognize the challenges of implementing and using geospatial technologies
- Create a charter or hypothesis that defines and justifies the mission of a GIS to solve existing problems
- Define an enterprise GIS in terms of institutional missions and goals
- Identify geographic tasks for which particular geospatial technologies are not adequate or sufficient
- Identify what is typically needed to garner support among managers for designing and/or creating a GIS