You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Raster resampling. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Raster resampling.
- Evaluate methods used by contemporary GIS software to resample raster data on-the-fly during display
- Select appropriate interpolation techniques to resample particular types of values in raster data (e.g., nominal using nearest neighbor)
- Resample multiple raster data sets to a single resolution to enable overlay
- Resample raster data sets (e.g., terrain, satellite imagery) to a resolution appropriate for a map of a particular scale
- Discuss the consequences of increasing and decreasing resolution