You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic GIS&T training and education. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at GIS&T training and education.
- Compare and contrast training methods utilized in a non-profit to those employed in a local government agency
- Discuss the National Research Council report on Learning to Think Spatially (2005) as it relates to spatial thinking skills needed by the GIS&T workforce
- Find or create training resources appropriate for GIS&T workforce in a local government organization
- Identify the particular skills necessary for users to perform tasks in three different workforce domains (e.g., small city, medium county agency, a business, or others)
- Illustrate methods that are effective in providing opportunities for education and training when implementing a GIS in a small city
- Teach necessary skills for users to successfully perform tasks in an enterprise GIS
- Discuss different formats (tutorials, in house, online, instructor lead) for training and how they can be used by organizations