You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Map algebra. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Map algebra.
- Explain the categories of map algebra operations (i.e., local, focal, zonal, and global functions)
- Explain why georegistration is a precondition to map algebra
- Differentiate between map algebra and matrix algebra using real examples
- Perform a map algebra calculation using command line, form-based, and flow charting user interfaces
- Describe a real modeling situation in which map algebra would be used (e.g., site selection, climate classification, least-cost path)
- Describe how map algebra performs mathematical functions on raster grids