You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Metaphysics and ontology. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Metaphysics and ontology.
- Define common theories on what is “real,” such as realism, idealism, relativism, and experiential realism
- Compare and contrast the ability of different theories to explain various situations
- Recognize the commonalities of philosophical viewpoints and appreciate differences to enable work with diverse colleagues
- Evaluate the influences of particular worldviews (including one’s own) on GIS practices
- Justify the metaphysical theories with which you agree
- Identify the ontological assumptions underlying the work of colleagues