You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic The Triangulated Irregular Network (TIN) model. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at The Triangulated Irregular Network (TIN) model.
- Describe how to generate a unique TIN solution using Delaunay triangulation
- Describe the architecture of the TIN model
- Construct a TIN manually from a set of spot elevations
- Delineate a set of break lines that improve the accuracy of a TIN
- Describe the conditions under which a TIN might be more practical than GRID
- Demonstrate the use of the TIN model for different statistical surfaces (e.g., terrain elevation, population density, disease incidence) in a GIS software application