You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Error-based Uncertainty. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Error-based Uncertainty.
- Define uncertainty-related terms, such as error, accuracy, uncertainty, precision, stochastic, probabilistic, deterministic, and random
- Recognize expressions of uncertainty in language
- Evaluate the causes of uncertainty in geospatial data
- Describe a stochastic error model for a natural phenomenon
- Explain how the familiar concepts of geographic objects and fields affect the conceptualization of uncertainty
- Recognize the degree to which the importance of uncertainty depends on scale and application
- Differentiate uncertainty in geospatial situations from vagueness