You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Grid Operations and Map Algebra. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Grid Operations and Map Algebra.
- Explain the categories of map algebra operations (i.e., local, focal, zonal, and global functions)
- Explain why georegistration is a precondition to map algebra
- Differentiate between map algebra and matrix algebra using real examples
- Perform a map algebra calculation using command line, form-based, and flow charting user interfaces
- Describe a real modeling situation in which map algebra would be used (e.g., site selection, climate classification, least-cost path)
- Describe how map algebra performs mathematical functions on raster grids