You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Place and landscape. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Place and landscape.
- Explain how the concept of place encompasses more than just location
- Evaluate the differences in how various parties think or feel differently about a place being modeled
- Describe the elements of a sense of place or landscape that are difficult or impossible to adequately represent in GIS
- Differentiate between space and place
- Differentiate among elements of the meaning of a place that can or cannot be easily represented using geospatial technologies
- Select a place or landscape with personal meaning and discuss its importance
- Define the notions of cultural landscape and physical landscape