- Evaluate methods used by contemporary GIS software to resample raster data on-the-fly during display
- Select appropriate interpolation techniques to resample particular types of values in raster data (e.g., nominal using nearest neighbor)
- Resample multiple raster data sets to a single resolution to enable overlay
- Resample raster data sets (e.g., terrain, satellite imagery) to a resolution appropriate for a map of a particular scale
- Discuss the consequences of increasing and decreasing resolution
Data management involves the theories and techniques for managing the entire data lifecycle, from data collection to data format conversion, from data storage to data sharing and retrieval, to data provenance, data quality control and data curation for long-term data archival and preservation.
Topics in this Knowledge Area are listed thematically below. Existing topics are in regular font and linked directly to their original entries (published in 2006; these contain only Learning Objectives). Entries that have been updated and expanded are in bold. Forthcoming, future topics are italicized.