You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Classic vector data models. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Classic vector data models.
- Illustrate the GBF/DIME data model
- Describe a Freeman-Huffman chain code
- Describe the relationship of Freeman-Huffman chain codes to the raster model
- Discuss the impact of early prototype data models (e.g., POLYVRT and GBF/DIME) on contemporary vector formats
- Describe the relationship between the GBF/DIME and TIGER structures, the rationale for their design, and their intended primary uses, paying particular attention to the role of graph theory in establishing the difference between GBF/DIME and TIGER files
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of POLYVRT
- Explain what makes POLYVRT a hierarchical vector data model