You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Events and Processes. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Events and Processes.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of continuants (entities) and occurrents (events)
- Describe the “actor” role that entities and fields play in events and processes
- Discuss the difficulty of integrating process models into GIS software based on the entity and field views, and methods used to do so
- Apply or develop formal systems for describing continuous spatio-temporal processes
- Evaluate the assertion that “events and processes are the same thing, but viewed at different temporal scales”
- Describe particular events or processes in terms of identity, categories, attributes, and locations
- Compare and contrast the concepts of event and process