You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Neighborhoods. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Neighborhoods.
- Discuss the role of Voronoi polygons as the dual graph of the Delaunay triangulation
- Explain how Voronoi polygons can be used to define neighborhoods around a set of points
- Outline methods that can be used to establish non-overlapping neighborhoods of similarity in raster datasets
- Create proximity polygons (Thiessen/Voronoi polygons) in point datasets
- Write algorithms to calculate neighborhood statistics (minimum, maximum, focal flow) using a moving window in raster datasets
- Explain how the range of map algebra operations (local, focal, zonal, and global) relate to the concept of neighborhoods