You are currently viewing an archived version of Topic Spatial expansion and geographically weighted regression. If updates or revisions have been published you can find them at Spatial expansion and geographically weighted regression.
- Perform an analysis using the geographically weighted regression technique
- Discuss the appropriateness of GWR under various conditions
- Describe the characteristics of the spatial expansion method
- Explain the principles of geographically weighted regression
- Compare and contrast GWR with universal kriging using moving neighborhoods
- Explain how allowing the parameters of the model to vary with the spatial location of the sample data can be used to accommodate spatial heterogeneity
- Analyze the number of degrees of freedom in GWR analyses and discuss any possible difficulties with the method based on your results