- Differentiate rectification and orthorectification
- Identify and explain an equation used to perform image-to-map registration
- Identify and explain an equation used to perform image-to-image registration
- Use GIS software to transform a given dataset to a specified coordinate system, projection, and datum
- Explain the role and selection criteria for “ground control points” (GCPs) in the georegistration of aerial imagery
Data management involves the theories and techniques for managing the entire data lifecycle, from data collection to data format conversion, from data storage to data sharing and retrieval, to data provenance, data quality control and data curation for long-term data archival and preservation.
Topics in this Knowledge Area are listed thematically below. Existing topics are linked directly to either their original (2006) or revised entries; forthcoming, future topics are italicized.